Inflammation of the larynx and surrounding mucous membranes.
- Pain and Inflammation of the mucous membranes of the larynx,
- Loss of Voice – hoarseness
- viral, bacterial or fungal infection
- physical trauma to the throat of neck or overuse of the vocal cords
- excessive coughing, smoking, or alcohol consumption
Treatment and Management
- Treatment of pathogen by antifungal or, antibacterial agents
- Reduction of high-impact stress to the vocal cords caused by loud, frequent, and high-pitched voicing is recommended
- If laryngitis is due to gastroesophageal reflux: The patient may be instructed to take a GERD treating agents for a period of 4-6 weeks.