- A vascular disorder that affects blood flow to the extremities.
- The disease affects the fingers, toes, nose and ears
- Low blood flow to extremities results in skin discolouration and pain when exposed to temperature changes or stress.
- Pathologies (Diseases) that directly damage the arteries or damage the nerves that control the arteries in the hands and feet
- Repetitive actions that have caused nerve damage to the affected area, this affects neural arterial control of the affected region
- Exposure to certain chemicals that may cause neural and vasculature damage at the site
- Medications that constrict the arteries or affect blood pressure
Chabner, Davi-Ellen. 2007. The Language of Medicine. 8th ed. Saunders Elsevier, Missouri